Sunday, November 16, 2008

As a commoner, I do not agree with the king's orders, once again. It is a constant battle to try to provide for a family and take care of the children with my husband gone now. The king is not helping at all. He forces his own beliefs upon us and we cannot even worship the way that we would like. I work hard constantly, but it never shows and I feel like my work is never done. As a woman it is hard enough to be seen and taken seriously, but with my husband gone I do not have a choice. He fought for what he believed in and he ended up dead, and now I must fight for my family. I do not want to be Catholic merely becuase it is forced upon me. I want my children to live with their own independent beliefs, but King Louis refuses to listen, especially to a commoner as myself. We are simply the lowly class, never heard, never put into consideration.

No comments: